Friday 13 January 2012

Today is friday the 13th  .


We could not go to Total because 14 (now 15) had a physics class and as a duty bound mother I felt that was more important than another day of Physiotherapy... also Motherin law is not happy with the fact 15 had left the door wide open when she went out for her Physics class. all this stress makes me reach out for that extra chocolate.


Today is Lori a Punjabi festival that bids adieu to the winter season and then there is sankranti round the corner.  This evening there are bon fires in all gardens

There is one in our township


can I resist the smell of fresh Jaggery and sesame seeds together that form the tasty gajjak - wonders 40


Another day comes with another challenge for the weak willed 40 as there are tasty sweet meats to cook for the kids husband and mother in law who relish and enjoy all these calorie bombs.  
In school all talks revolve around the tastier version that someone or the other knows.


I have got home 1/2 Kg Sesame seeds and 1/2 kg Jaggery


well it is the test of will power tomorrow

Any body who has stayed in India will know this smell.... the smell of evening chill mixed with the cold chilly wind, added to bhutta (indian corn) and chikki....

God help me resist the temptations that are beckoning me to their side in this chilly weather...

1 comment:

  1. Must resist !!! My mantra is " nothing tastes as good as feeling slim"
    Having said that I did eat 240 calories of chocolate today
    Sigh tomorrow is another day

    ReplyDelete